May 18, 2005
Are you that skate nerd who is on the interweb 24/7 and doesn’t want to miss a beat? You should really look into using RSS. I’m not going to explain what RSS is or how it works, you can find out for yourself. I will however show you one of the easiest ways to stay “connected”.
- Sign up for Bloglines (it’s free).
- Install the Bloglines Toolkit for FireFox (both are free).
- Restart FireFox and configure the Bloglines extension.
- Go through the list below and right click on the (RSS) links to which you wish to subscribe. Select “Blogline Toolkit,” then select “Subscribe to this Page,” and hit “Subscribe”.
- Now every time one of these sites updates, you will see a little red dot next to the blue “B”; click on it, and you can start reading the updated site right away!
- About Skateboarding (RSS)
Audio Skateboards (RSS)
- Blog Mental (RSS)
- Epicly Trife (RSS)
- éS Blog (RSS)
- Etnies (RSS)
- Haveboard (RSS)
- Instant Winner Skateboards (RSS)
- LightTight (RSS)
- Skateboarding Sucks (RSS)
- Skatepark of Tampa (RSS)
- Slap Magazine (RSS)
- Thrasher (RSS)
- Too Old To Skate (RSS)
- Tum Yeto (RSS)
Some of the above sites don’t have their RSS feed published. They probably don’t even know they have one. I had to dig into their backend to find out the proper URL. (You’re welcome.)
Here are a few other skate-related feeds from Web 2.0 sites (you can fine-tune this list yourself if you’d like):
Do you know of any other skateboard related sites that have RSS feeds? Please contact us and I will add them to the list. And let’s hope more skateboarding sites will start using RSS.
UPDATE: More Skateboarding and RSS